At Disastercare, we aim to ease the stress of a natural disaster or incident occurring, by lending our customers our expertise in dealing with the aftermath and resultant damage.
We pride ourselves in restoring damaged items to their pre-loss condition, ensuring we reduce the impact on the environment, removing the need for more waste entering landfill. This is also an important part of a claim for our customers, who hold sentimental value over the damaged items. We restore and rather than replace and bring them back to life and return them to our customers.
We are a family run business and ensure anyone joining us is welcomed into the family, where everyone is ready to help everyone and chips in where needed, whether that is their role or not.
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping the customer get back into their property as quickly as possible. As a claims handler you will be responsible for managing the claim throughout its lifecycle ensuring that all parties are kept informed of progress.
So what sort of things are we looking for?
- Take reports of new claims from our clients / customers and allocating to appropriate technician.
- Close liaison with all interested parties throughout the claim lifecycle.
- Answer and manage all calls in an efficient, professional and empathetic manner.
- Identify and respond to customer needs, proactively communicating to reduce failure demand.
- Provide support for our restoration technicians, communicating challenges and helping to problem solve any issues.
- Update the online claims management system and any other online system.
- Manage claims from end-to-end, ensuring they are closed in a timely manner and that subsequent invoicing is clear and consistent.
- Identify and handle complaints and escalate to the team leader as necessary.
- Liaise closely with the finance team to understand and improve invoicing outcomes.
- Ensure processing deadlines are met as required.
- Develop technical knowledge in order to support technicians and insurance companies.
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by your line manager or any other person designated in their absence.
- Knowledge or experience of claims is ideal however we can consider candidates who have experience of working in a customer facing/office environment
- Highly organised, good level of attention to detail and can prioritise a busy workload
- Ability to manage complex situations
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customers, understanding that our customer could be distraught and concerned following an incident.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Active listening skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Ability to manage own workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills
- Commitment to the customer environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Team player – willing to share knowledge with others
- IT Literate – Confidently operating across multiple systems / portals.
- Passionate about service delivery excellence.
We are also passionate about our people and like to make sure that they have all the tools to succeed, with on-site training provided with our training coordinator and tailored training and development plans to suit. This is where the above role comes in. We need passionate people to help our customers through this journey and our technician teams through the process too.
To apply, please send your CV to Louise Edwards, HR Manager, DisasterCare Ltd., Valori House, 1 Omega Park, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2QE or email email@example.com