This lovely cottage was home to Mrs Pedley, her husband, 2 teenage daughters 3 cats and 3 dogs. They were renting the property and had only been there for 18 months when a fire ripped through the property.
This major fire in Hook, Hampshire, that was on the national news. The whole property was devastated, there were 13 fire brigade appliances in attendance and local surrounding roads were closed for safety.
The family of 4 were unharmed during the incident, however they only escaped with the clothes they had on.
It was thought the fire was started by faulty electrical wiring.
The property is a thatch cottage built in the1600s and is part of the Duke of Wellington Estate.
DisasterCare South Central were on site within 12 hours, at which time we removed several sentimental and emergency items for the customer.
We were only allowed in certain parts of the property as the fire brigade were still on site.
The whole cottage had been badly affected and on day 2 and once the fire appliances were all finished and the parts of the property that were deemed safe, our team began going through the property to save any contents we could. Our main aim this day was soft contents as we knew the customer needed any soft contents back as soon as possible.
During this visit to inspect the level of damage, all soft contents we could access were removed and transported to our secure facility for the restoration to begin with high priority.